Latest Travel Reviews
Tuscany is the largest region in Italy and it covers nearly 9,000 square miles. The capital city of Florence and the surrounding countryside attracts 10 million visitors every year. If you are considering visiting Tuscany, here are a few interesting facts that you should know before your trip:
1. Tuscany Was Where the Italian Language Was Born
The official Italian language spoken today is based on the Tuscan dialect that dates back to the Renaissance period.
2. Pinocchio is From Tuscany
The original story about the little marionette who just wanted to be a “real boy” was written by Carlo Collodi, who was born in Florence in 1826. The story was later made into the famous Disney animated film in 1940. Did you know that Pinocchio means “Pine Eyes” in Italian?
3. Tuscany Has More UNESCO World Heritage Sites Than South Africa, Argentina or Australia.
There is plenty of culture here, from the historic centre of Florence to the Piazza del Duomo in Pisa. Even the rolling landscapes of the Val d’Orcia are considered a UNESCO Heritage Site, as they inspired many of the Renaissance painters.
4. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is Not the Only Leaning Tower
The Leaning Tower of Pisa leans because it was built on unstable marshland and it weighs almost 15,000 tonnes. However, there are other towers than lean in the area, including the bell towers at the church of St. Nicola and the church of St. Michele deiScalzi.
5. There is No Drinking Age in Italy
There is no legal drinking age in Italy and a young person of any age can legally consume alcohol. However, a person must be at least 16 years old to be served alcohol in a bar or a restaurant.
6. Tuscany is Known as a “Nation Within a Nation”
This is because of its unique linguistic and cultural identity – which is distinct from other regions in the rest of Italy.
7. Tuscany is Home to Some of the Most Precious Artwork in the World
Botticelli’s famous painting “The Birth of Venus” is housed in the Uffizi Gallery and Michelangelo’s David can be found in Florence. Also, you can find many amazing frescos, sculptures, paintings and much more in the churches and cathedrals around the region.
8. This Region Was The Birthplace of the Western Musical Tradition
In Florence in the mid-16th century, the Florentine Camerata (a group of poets, musicians and intellectuals) got together and started experimenting with putting ancient Greek myths to music on the stage. This was the origin of the very first operas, which lead to early classical forms such as the symphony.
9. Many British Tourists Come to the Chianti Wine Region that It Has the Nickname “Chiantishire”
Chianti is a well-known wine internationally and the region in Tuscany where it is produced is very popular with British tourists.
10. Many Celebrities Choose to Holiday or Live in Tuscany
Some of the famous people who own property in Tuscany include musician Sting, fashion designer Giorgio Armani, opera star Andrea Bocelli, actor Richard Gere and actor Antonio Banderas. These are just a few interesting facts about this beautiful region of Italy, so that you can be well informed when you are visiting Tuscany.
Finding a great hotel deal online can easily spell out the difference between a wonderful vacation and the average one. If you are able to find hotel deals online in your budget then you will definitely enjoy your stay in abroad. For this purpose, you have to make ample of research before travelling both online and offline. Sometimes, research ends up with disappointing hotel rooms. Websites like “travelguru” and “tripadvisor” can helps you a lot to find hotel deals. Don’t forget to check the authentic hotel reviews and rating. Once you are finalized with particular hotel then check the main website of hotel for full details. Further, we will discuss some important facts to find hotel deals at a great price.
- First of all, make some healthy research about the destination. Now figure out beautiful places that you wanted to visit there. Travel sites are excellent place to start your online search. Also check the restaurants and shops nearby or the places you can visit in the dark.
- Now try to find hotel near to beautiful places that you have figured out already. You may be more flexible if you can walk or you can take public transport to visit different destinations. You can also hire full day taxi for this purpose. The hotel closest to beautiful places will be expensive but you don’t have to spend much over transportation. Suppose, you are staying in Paris then you cannot waste two hours daily on travel. The best option is to find some hotel at central point in Paris.
- Travel websites will help you to find hotel according to location. There you can customize your search according to different categories like budget, location, reviews etc. The travel website will display complete list of perfect hotels according to your requirement. Now you can easily compare the hotels according to price, location and their services. Try to book the best hotel at perfect location only.
- Also make one fact clear in your mind that hotel rating is based on different criterion in different countries. However, rating does not reflect always how nice a hotel is. Check the services and facilities provided by any particular hotel. For example, a businessman cannot survive in a hotel without internet facility. It does not matter either a hotel is two star or three star, but services given by any hotel should be perfect. You can also confirm about the hotel facilities through email or phone. Don’t assume that hotel must have all these facilities in advance. Usually, multilingual staff is appointed at big hotels so that you can communicate properly. In few hotels, breakfast facility is given complementary to make you happy.
- Another best strategy is to make hotel booking in advance. For last minute booking, you have to pay extra definitely. With a good research, you may definitely find hotel deals at great prices.
If you are dreaming of traveling the world, here are 15 travel tips that you can keep in mind which will help make your travels easier, cheaper and more enjoyable:
1. Pack As Lightly as Possible
Dragging around a huge suitcase is a real pain and it will make your trip a lot more difficult. Also, with the excess baggage fees charged by airlines it can be costly as well.
2. Roll Your Clothes Rather Than Folding Them
They will take up less space and they will not have creases in them when you unpack.
3. Download a Currency Converter App for Your Phone
It is a quick and easy way to figure out exactly what you are spending – and whether or not you have found a great deal or a rip off.
4. Pack a Dryer Sheet Into Your Luggage
It helps to keep your clothes smelling fresh for your entire trip. Also, bring along a plastic bag to seal your dirty clothes in so that they don’t make the rest of your clothes smelly.
5. When you are going through the Security Checks at the Airport, Turn Left
Studies have shown that because the majority of people are right handed, they are more likely to go to the lines on the right. This means that if you go left instead, you have a better chance of avoiding the long lines.
6. Tie Up the Straps on Your Backpack Before You Check Your Luggage
Those loose straps can get caught in the machinery, causing your backpack to become damaged.
7. Bring Sunscreen, Shampoo and other Toiletries in Single-Use Packets
They take up much less room in your luggage and weigh less than a full bottle.
8. Don’t Wear Your Backpack on Your Front
You might think that it is safer, but it just makes you look like a nervous tourist and more of a target. Instead, keep your wallet in a zippered front pocket and be aware of your surroundings.
9. Google “Common scams in (Your Destination Country)” Before You Travel
Knowledge is your greatest weapon and being aware of common scams means you can spot when something seems fishy, before you get taken advantage of.
10. If You Are Still a Student, Bring Your Student ID Card With You
You can get discounted entry to many museums and attractions all over the world, so it will save you money!
11. Never Have Only One Source of Money
If you have only one debit card, or just cash, you will be out of luck if that source of money is lost or stolen. Have at least a bank card and a credit card and carry them in separate locations.
12. If You Have a Smart Phone, Buy a Local Sim Card and Top Up With Pay as You Go
They are often very affordable and it means you can easily call hotels and tour providers and use Google Maps on your phone when you are lost.
13. Learn At Least a Few Words in the Local Language
“Hello”, “Please” and “Thank You” really go a long way and the locals will love it that you are attempting to speak their language – even if they speak English.
14. Consider Taking an Overnight Bus or Train between Destinations
You will not only save the cost of a night of accommodation, you will also not waste a full day of travel just sitting on a bus.
15. Last but Not Least – Keep an Open Mind!
Be prepared for things to be different than you are used to and be open to trying new foods, activities and experiences. After all, that’s what travel is all about!
These are 15 great travel tips that you can remember when you head out on your around the world adventures!
There is a saying, “the far you go with your dear ones, nearer you come to them”. Yes, whenever we plan a trip and escape from our busy schedule with our special ones, we get to know them and understand them better. However, many times it becomes tough for us to plan a trip as we are not left with much money at the end of the month. Even if we manage with finances, most of the amount is eaten up by the hotel budget in our travel plan.
Hotel fares appear as the biggest obstacle in our travel plan. To deal with this problem we offer you some tips which can help you to overcome this issue and have a great time when you are traveling.
1. Always be flexible
Never be rigid in your travel plans, flexibility in the plan will help you to get cheapest rate around. Try planning your holiday on weekdays rather that planning them on weekends. Hotel on weekdays have comparatively lower rates. Also don’t stick with a particular hotel instead and go for hotels which are less in demand.
2. Hotel rewards programs
Signing up for this kind of programs give you access to promotions and discount codes. Along with this you also gain points for free stay. One more way is to sign up for hotel credit card offer, there are chains that offer you promotions for free stay at hotel and also bonus points are offered while signing up for a credit card.
3. Joining auto club
There are different kinds of clubs which offer discounts for travel; one among them is auto club. In various travel ingredients hotel stay is also one. A membership card of this club can give you discounts on your stay at hotel.
4. Obtain a hotel coupon
Hotel coupon codes are available online; there are websites which offer codes through different sources. Sometimes entertainment books also contain hotel coupons which will be a great deal for your travel plan.
5. Hotels listed on discount websites
Hit the internet and search for good hotel deals on discount websites. There are many websites where you may get discounts for hotel, e.g. TravelZoo, Priceline, Orbitz etc. However, before finalizing anything it is always better to go through the terms and conditions. It is very important to read the cancellation policy. Do compare the pricing between online booking and direct booking.
These were 5 tips which will help you to cut down the amount which will be spent on the hotel and thus you will save more for other entertainment factors while traveling. There are also other tricks to chop down your budget for hotel stay; for example you can plan your trip during off season and also on weekdays. The rates of hotels are quite low during off season.
In nutshell, with cheap hotel rate you will have a great time on your holidays as you will be left with good amount of money for other entertainment factors.
So you are dreaming about going on an amazing travel adventure, but you are not quite sure where you should go? There are so many amazing places around the world where you could go exploring, so how do you narrow down your choices? Here are 8 ways that you can choose the best travel destination for your next trip:
1. Consider Your Trip Duration
If you only have a couple of weeks to travel, consider staying close to home as an overseas flight won’t seem worth it for such a short trip. However, if you have at least a month or more, you might want to go further and visit another continent.
2. Keep your Budget in Mind
A skiing holiday at a resort in Switzerland is going to be considerably more expensive than a trip spent in budget hostels in Eastern Europe. Of course, you can make expensive destinations more affordable by choosing budget options for food and accommodation, but for the same price you could do a lot more in a cheaper country. Consider how much you have to spend on your holiday and choose an appropriate destination.
3. Ask Other Travellers
If you know another traveller who has similar likes and interests to you, you might want to ask them for a recommendation of somewhere that they really loved. They can also offer you some helpful tips.
4. Think About Your Interests
If you love nature, consider visiting the jungles of Borneo to see the orang-utans. If you love art, take a trip to Paris for the amazing galleries. Plan a trip that fits your hobbies and interests.
5. Follow Your Travel Dreams
Perhaps you have dreamed about the Italian countryside ever since you saw “Under the Tuscan Sun”, or you have always thought it would be amazing to hike to Machu Picchu in Peru. If you have a travel dream or “bucket list item”, don’t wait – make it come true!
6. Visit Your Friends or Family
If you have a friend who is studying abroad in the Netherlands or family in New Zealand, why not pay them a visit? Visiting a friend or a relative means that you will have a place to stay in your destination and a local who can show you around.
7. Learning a New Language
Another way to choose a destination for a longer trip is to think about what language you want to learn. Perhaps you can study Spanish in Santiago, Chile or learn German in Berlin – being immersed in the culture for a few months will really help you learn faster.
8. Consider the Climate
Of course, sometimes your motivation for going on a trip is to simply relax in the sunshine. Take a look at the weather forecast online so that you can choose a destination that will be warm and beautiful during your trip.
These are just a few of the factors that you can consider when you are planning your trip, so that you can choose the best travel destination for you.
Casinos can be found all over the world but their size, game offerings and themes can vary significantly. Many travelers will select travel destinations based on certain casinos they wish to visit. Some of the world’s casinos are rather unique and offer ideal places to visit, one example of this can be found in Macau. This administrative region of China is actually the hottest place on earth for gambling; in fact, in recent years, their gambling revenue has surpassed that of Las Vegas.
Hands down the Venetian Macau would be one of the world’s more unique casinos. When it was built, after its Vegas counterpart, the Venetian Macau was definitely built on a much grander scale. Since it first opened over seven years ago, it is the largest casino in the world with about 600,000 square feet of gambling space and the casino offers gamblers over 800 gaming tables and more than 3,000 slot machines. Along with the gambling, guests here can enjoy some of the features of Venice while in Macau and among these are the gondola rides through the canals that were built on the premises.
Las Vegas offers a unique casino that pays homage to the classic Jimmy Buffet tune, “Margaritaville”. The casino was first opened almost three years ago and upon opening, the accompanying resort mixed up the world’s largest margarita using approximately 2500 gallons of tequila. Casino games here include many popular offerings like those if you were at CasinoOnline.co.nz online gambling, so players can easily brush up on their skills prior to playing here. Along the French Riviera, the Monte Carlo Casino is one of the world’s best casinos. Located in the playground of the rich, only foreigners may gamble here. The casino offers a classic example of Renaissance architecture and games here include a blend of European and American style casino games such as: blackjack, roulette, poker, and punto banco.
If you want to get a little bit creative with your travel photography and take the interesting shots that no one else is taking, here are some great ideas for photography trick shotst:
1. Get rid of tourists in your shot by setting up the camera on a tripod and taking a photo every 10 seconds. Then, open up all of the images in Photoshop and click File>Scripts and then Statistics. Choose median and select all of the images. Photoshop will find the different elements in all of the photos and will remove it, erasing all of the tourists from your image.
2. Take a burst of photos in quick succession instead of just one. You will be able to capture subtle variations in facial expressions or the way that clouds move across a landscape.
3. If you are in a large, featureless landscape such as a beach, a field or a desert – try experimenting with perspective photography. You can make it look like your travel partner is only 5 inches tall and they are standing in your hand, just by having them stand further away and lining up the shot correctly.
4. Attempt the tilt-shift miniature technique, which will make everything look like tiny replicas or dioramas. You can do this in editing after the fact, or use a perspective control lens – keeping the main subject in focus while the background becomes blurred.
5. Another trick is long exposure photography. Try setting up a tripod and taking a long exposure shot, capturing movement, rushing water, light trails or other ephemeral elements in a unique way.
6. Turn the camera on its side to create illusion photos – such as making it look like you are climbing a sheer rock face while you are really just lying on flat rock.
7. Also, try turning the camera at an interesting angle to add a different perspective on the image.
8. Use reflections, such as in water or glass, to add more interest to your photos. Play around with different angles and lighting.
9. If you have a camera flash that is detached from the camera itself, try bouncing it off a light coloured ceiling. This will soften the light and spread it out over a larger area.
10. Try arranging your own still life that reflects your location, such as tropical fruit on the balcony of your hotel. Let the items you choose tell a story.
11. To improve your sunset photos, add the silhouette of something characteristic of your location – such as a palm tree or the domes of a mosque.
12. While exploring a beautiful city with old fashioned architecture, try using a statue as the focus in the foreground of the image with the main building subject in the background. This makes for more dynamic architecture shots.
These are just a few fun ideas to try when you are taking photos during your travels. If you too would like to learn how to create these awesome pics (like this Banana Pic below, which was NOT made via Photoshop), i highly recommend Evan Sharboneau guide. All the pictures you see here were made by him, and his Step by Step Tutorial is definitely Worth Checking Out .
When you are travelling to some of the most amazing places in the world, you will want to capture their unique beauty on film. In order to bring back great photos from your travels, there are a few helpful tips that you should know.
1. Get Up as Early As Possible
Taking photos in the early morning means that the tourist attractions and famous monuments will be less crowded, so you won’t have lots of people in the way of your shot. Also, the light is often the most beautiful and photogenic in the morning.
2. Travel SlowlyTake the time to really get to know the rhythm of the place you are visiting and stay for a while. You will start to notice things that you wouldn’t otherwise see.
3. Research Your Location Before You GoLearn about the culture and the landscape and find out what images other photographers have already captured. It will help you to see what stereotypes you might avoid and also give you new ideas.
4. Respect the Local Customs
Always find out about the local traditions and customs of the destination before you visit, so that you don’t accidently offend people when taking photos. For example, some indigenous cultures believe that taking a photo of someone will steal their soul, so you could be committing great offense by taking a casual shot. It is always polite to ask someone before taking their photo.
5. Don’t be Afraid to Get LostTake the time to wander around a city aimlessly and see what you can discover. You might just find yourself in the midst of something amazing, like a local market, a street parade or a peaceful quiet hidden park.
6. Don’t Spend the Whole Trip Looking Through the Camera LensPut the camera down for a while and just observe the scene around you. You will feel more in the moment and it will refresh your perspective.
7. Look for Scenes that Tell a Story
Be observant and look to capture interesting interactions, such as the dog chasing birds in the village square, or the grandmother purchasing fresh lemons at the market stall. These pictures are more interesting than static shots of buildings and streets, because they tell a story.
8. Learn As Much About Your Camera as You Can
You don’t have to be a photography expert, but take the time to learn the basic functions of your camera and how to switch between them – it makes a huge difference!
9. Teach Yourself Some Editing Tricks TooKnowing a little bit of digital photo editing means that you can fix a badly exposed photo, add a little more colour, crop something better or generally improve your photos.
10. Try a New Perspective
If you simple point and shoot with your camera when taking pictures of a famous attraction, you will have the same photo that every other tourist has. Try getting a new perspective, whether it’s climbing up on something, getting down low or taking it from another vantage point – it will make for an interesting photo!
Captivating travel photographs are more than the typical snapshots that everyone takes when they are on holiday – they go beyond in order to capture a moment or portray the unique feeling of the destination. If you are becoming more serious about your travel photography and you want to improve your skills, there are some things that you can do in order to create more captivating travel photography.
Keep Things Simple
Sometimes we make the mistake of trying to capture too much in one photo, which just makes the shot overwhelming and confusing. It is often better to cut out the clutter and focus your image on one subject. This will ensure that the attention of the viewer is where you want it to be and it will highlight the specific beauty of what you are focusing on.
Think About the Rule of Thirds
One of the basic rules of artistic composition is the Rule of Thirds. To understand this, imagine a photo divided up vertically and horizontally into thirds. The idea is that any elements in the photo that are placed at the intersections of these divisions will be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. For example, if you are taking a photo of a castle in the countryside, don’t place the castle right in the centre of the photo. Instead, move the camera to the left or right so that there is two thirds of the space on one side of the castle and one third on the other. This will make the composition automatically more pleasing to the eye.
Look for Interesting Light
The light within a photo can turn it from ordinary to extraordinary, so look for opportunity where you can capture an interesting type of light – such as the purple soft light just before sunrise, or the golden glow of the late afternoon. Think about what lighting situation would highlight your subject best and return at that time for an amazing photo.
Show a Sense of Scale
If you are photographing a landscape or a huge monument, try including a person or a few people in the frame so that you can give a sense of the scale. It will help people realize how vast the scene really is, as well as adding a visual focal point.
Get Up Close
When you are taking photos of people, animals or scenes of everyday life, they will be much more captivating if you can get closer to your subjects. When photographing children, crouch down to their level. When getting shots of a street performer, get as close as possible so no other audience members are in the way. Of course, if you are getting close to random people on the street to take their photograph – it is always polite to ask for their permission first!
These are just a few guidelines to keep in mind which will help you to make your travel photographs better and more captivating, so that you can highlight the beauty of your destination.
Evan Sharboneau is the person that took all these Photos above and his Photography Tutorials guide With Step-By-Step Instructions is impressive and very helpful. And it's all done with just a regular camera. Definitely worth checking out.
Are you thinking of spending some great time with your kids? Vacation in Disney World can be quite fun with your children. When you sit and start planning your holiday you might find the expenses exceeding your budget. You might find the total expenses on accommodation, travel, and meals quite exorbitant. You can surely save some money by selecting cheap Disney world hotels.
Firstly decide on the area you would like to stay and then the price that you think will fit in your budget. Normally the hotels closer to Disney world charge high rates, so if the rate is crossing your budget you can look for accommodation a little far, but in central location so that it’s easily accessible.
The hotels close to Disney world are usually expensive but the guests enjoy certain amenities which makes family vacation fulfilled. Many budget package and discounts are offered by the hotels which will reduce your trip cost. Here are few tips to make your trip memorable and budget friendly.
1. There are a variety of activities that you can do starting from roller coaster to safari ride on your holiday to Disney land. Your family may not be interested in all the activities available. Take some time to sit and decide on the things that your family members and kids will enjoy, depending on the age and then select a package that suits your families taste. This will help you save money.
2. The rates of hotel are different throughout the year. During the peak season the rates are high when compared to non-peak season. Browse through the cyber world and check out the rates. If you are planning your trip during off season then surely you will find a cheap Disney world hotel with all the amenities. Flight charges are also low during the non-peak season. So, visit to the destination during off season will surely save you a lot of money.
3. The hotel rates are high during the weekends because most of the people try to utilize weekends to enjoy with family. You can check the rates on weekdays and plan your trip accordingly.
4. You can also make a search for some online deals offered by different hotels. You might come across many attractive deals but before you select one, read the offer documents and also check where the hotel is located. If the hotel is too far from the place then obviously you will be spending a lot of money on traveling.
5. Disney website is also one place where you can search and know the availability of room. You can filter your search for cheaper options and select one perfect for your family.
It's always fun to visit Las Vegas, most people would agree. Located in the middle of the desert of Nevada, the city of Las Vegas have been the entertainment capital of the world, with great experiences, hotels, attractions and, off course, plenty of gambling option you can think of.
The strip in Las Vegas, the main road were most of the large hotels and casinos located in, can sometimes seen from an outside observer as one big motion picture set. There are huge themes hotels, from Venice canals, to the eiffel tower hotels, one is bigger, and crazier than others.
These hotels are all high end, with restaurants, spas, swimming pools, most equipped with entertainment halls, for shows of best selling artist and magicians and on and on. But the biggest attraction in visiting Las Vegas (combining with all the other perks mentioned above) is off course the betting tables. With so many games, located conveniently in the hotels floor.
From poker tables, to craps, roulette and blackjack tables, Las Vegas casinos offer all of that and much more, in a 24-7 play anytime attitude, Vegas is heaven to tourists, locals, gamblers, and just people who like to play from time to time, and to do so in the capital city of gambling, makes it that much more fun.
There also many young tourist visiting the city, partying in the nigh clubs and parties all over town. Manny couples also find themselves get married in any of the "Elvis churches" spreading around town , because if you are party with your girl, and you are in Vegas, what else is there to do ?
As the city of Las Vegas has evolved and developed in time, many attractions has been created and maintained. One of the bigger attractions in recent years in Las Vegas is the poker tournament of the world series of poker among others. Any person, who is old enough, can buy in and seat down to try and prove he is one of the best poker players in the world. The tournament creates great excitement and drama, and is definitely one of the city main attractions in recent years.
1. Firstly decide on how many rooms you need to book. Once you send wedding cards to your guests and relatives, they will reply you back with confirmation. This will help you calculate the number of guests who will be traveling just to attend the occasion. Then out of the list mark the people who will be coming from other town or city. These are the number of guests who will need room to stay. You can also make personal call to them and ask for confirmation.
2. You can book rooms, if available in the wedding site itself so that the guests do not have to travel up and down. If the wedding site does not have any room then make some research for wedding hotel resorts rooms nearby. Make sure that the resort is just at a distance of 10 miles. If it is far away then you will again have to book car or other mode of transport to carry guests to the wedding site.
3. Collect the rates of all the wedding hotel resort rooms and book in the one that is within your budget. Internet is the easy way of getting quotes from different wedding resorts.
4. Book rooms in block, depending on the number of guests attending the celebration. Most of the resorts provide discounted rates when rooms are booked in block.
5. Before booking check if block booking has any hidden charges. Mostly when the rooms are booked through internet, resorts charge a percentage as fees for using credit cards. They might also ask you to sign a contract, which means you need to pay for all the rooms that you have booked, even if unused. Some of them have pencil booking option. Here you can pencil book some rooms and pay advance and before a week or so you need to confirm the number of rooms that you need and leave the other which are not needed.
6. During the wedding season you will find most of the wedding resorts booked. Make sure to book wedding rooms at least six months in advance. You can also pay a percentage of money so that your booking is confirmed.
7. If you are paying the room rent then its fine but if you want your guests to pay then make sure to inform them well ahead of time.
Europe is a very popular tourist destination and many people dream of traveling there at least once in their life. It’s a fascinating place, because it allows you to experience so many different cultures and landscapes in one trip!
However, with so many diverse places in Europe to visit on your trip–how can you choose where you should go? Of course, there are too many amazing places in Europe to list in one article, but here are five of the coolest places in Europe to consider when you are planning your trip:
The Italian Riviera, Italy
You will be blown away by the beauty of this part of the world, with blue water and quaint villages with brightly colored houses and excellent Italian restaurants serving fresh and authentic food. There are meandering walking routes that connect the villages together, weaving along the coastline and offering scenic hikes through the nearby hills.
This stunning walled city is nicknamed the “Pearl of the Adriatic” and the city itself is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the most beautiful towns on the Mediterranean, with gorgeous churches, monasteries and fountains – all surrounded with blue water and bathed in sunshine. While you are there, you can walk along the tops of the city walls and admire the beautiful view.
Of course, no trip to Europe is complete without spending some time in Paris. This legendary city packs a lot of history and impressive architecture and if you are an art lover – it’s absolute heaven. Paris boasts some of the best art galleries in the world, including the Musee d’Orsay, the Lourve and the Centre Pompidou.
Prague, Czech Republic
The historic gothic architecture of Prague will make you feel like you are walking through a fairytale – make sure that your camera is fully charged while walking through this beautiful European city! Prague is relatively affordable and you can enjoy cheap beers while listening to live music in one of the local pubs and cafes. Prague is a very vibrant city and there is always plenty of special events, festivals, theatrical productions, music and much more to enjoy.
The Black Forest, Germany
In the southwest corner of Germany you will find a wooded mountain range known as the Black Forest. This region has been part of legend and myth for many hundreds of years and it is known for its watchmaking, skiing and cuckoo clocks. It is a wonderful place to go hiking or mountain biking in the lovely black fir trees and tranquil lakes. The city Freiburg im Breisgau is a good place to base yourself during your travels in this region. It is known as the “Jewel of the Black Forest” and it is a laid back, attractive University city surrounded by vineyards and hiking trails.
These are just a few of the coolest places that you can visit in Europe during your travels. Do any of these destinations appeal to you for your next adventure?
It’s a great big world out there and there is a lot to explore – but what if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on your travels. Is it possible to see the world, while still sticking to a small budget? Of course it is! You simply need to know how to stretch your travel savings further, so that you can see more while spending less. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Eat Locally Whenever You Can
In many countries you will find that the simple street food vendors and basic restaurants where the locals eat are much cheaper than the tourist restaurants. Also, the food will be delicious and authentic.
2. Stay in Hostels
If you want to be able to travel the world on the cheap, make sure that you take advantage of hostels. They are much cheaper than hotels, so you will really cut down your accommodation budget. Also, hostels are very social places with common lounge areas where you can meet other travellers and make friends.
3. Cook Your Own Food in the Hostel Kitchen
Staying in a hostel with a kitchen is a huge advantage, because you will be able to buy food cheaply at the local marketplace and cook it yourself in the communal hostel kitchen- reducing the amount of expensive restaurant meals.
4. Find Free Things to Do
Every destination has a lot of fun free things to do, from museums with free entry to hiking trails to free walking tours. Find all of the free activities that you can and enjoy them!
5. Be Flexible with Your Flights
Sometimes if you are prepared to fly from another terminal or airport entirely, you can save yourself a lot of money. When you are doing a search for cheap airfare, you can try searching from other nearby airports to find out what the cheapest rate is.
6. Consider A Working Holiday
One great way to keep your budget travels going for longer is to go on a working holiday. There are many working holiday visas for other countries that allow you to live and work for 1-2 years in your destination. You can experience the local life while earning cash to fund your adventures.
7. Or Consider Working for Accommodation
Another option is to volunteer your time in exchange for food and accommodation. For example, the WWOOFing program (Willing Workers on Organic Farms) offers home stays on farms all over the world, where you will work a few hours per day in exchange for your room and board.
8. Try Couchsurfing
This is a worldwide hospitality network where people all over the world offer their couches or spare bedrooms to travellers – for free! Create a profile on the site, make friends and see if anyone in your destination would be willing to host you.
9. Travel Slower
The faster you travel, the more flights and buses you will need to take – which really adds up. Instead, spend more time getting to know each destination and you will save money.
10. Avoid Buying a Lot of Souvenirs
They are expensive, not always authentic and they take up a lot of room in your luggage. Choose one or two very special items, but otherwise save your money.
Keep these tips in mind and even though you have a small budget, you will still be able to follow your dreams of seeing the world!
Las Vegas is a beautiful place where you can spend some relaxed time exploring the beauty of the city on your vacation. There are many hotels in Las Vegas, so you will not have any problem in getting rooms but the variety might just confuse you. The best way is to do some research and see what kind of hotel exactly fits in your budget and taste.
You can browse through the web and know about the rates both during off and on season. Though there is no off season in Las Vegas but the city sees a rise in the number of tourists during vacation, New Year and Christmas. The rates of the hotel rooms are also high during this period when compared to the time when there is no holiday. The hotels provide good deals to their guests during that time. Here are some tips which will help you find the best hotel deals in Las Vegas:
1. First decide on the date you would like to visit. If you are planning a weekend trip then try to reach the place on a Thursday or Friday in order to save money. Then decide on the type of hotel you want, cheap, luxury, or moderate.
2. Browse through the website and see what kinds of deals are available. Some of the hotels provide discount on room rates. You might also come across package deals where in you can save money both on room rent and transportation like airfare. There are also all inclusive hotels in Las Vegas. The rates of these all inclusive hotels may seem to be on the higher side but when you sit and calculate the amount that you will be spending on food and the other amenities they provide will exactly help you know the saving percentage.
3. Summer is off season in Vegas and this is the time when the hotel rates are pretty low. You can avail this benefit while planning your holiday.
4. You can purchase gift certificate and use them to save on hotel rooms.
5. You can sign up through Smartervegas.com and opt for some promos where you can save money. The homepage of the site has some popular codes and promos but you can put specific date and customize your search result.
6. Most of the hotels in Las Vegas have their own website. You can visit some of the hotels own website for best hotel deals in Las Vegas.
7. You can also sign up with some websites for travel updates. Along with regular updates these websites send travel deals with huge discounts to make your holiday special and economical.
8. Mycheapvegas.com is another website where you can sign up and look for some very good hotel deals.
9. Patience is the key of getting good deals. Make sure to do extensive search and also ask some of your friends for suggestions, if they have visited Las Vegas earlier.
Munich is located at the river Isar and it is known as one of the most beautiful travel destination in Germany. The fine architecture reflecting the history and the culture of the place, seasonal festivity, and castles makes the place unique and a perfect one to relax and unwind. Munich can be visited anytime during the year. The place offers something special to its guests all round the year. If you are planning your trip to the place then you must browse through Munich travel guides available online. These guides will help plan your own trip and here are some tips on what you can search for in these guides.
1. If you are planning a short trip then through Munich travel guide you will get to know about the places that you must visit in your short visit, so that your trip becomes memorable. If the place is new then you might spend a whole day in an area not knowing that there is more attraction to visit nearby. You can find day wise planning like day 1 you can visit English Garden, Church of Our Lady, Bayerische Staatsoper Opera Hall, and Bier etc.
2. If you want to enjoy the place with your family then through these guide you can know about the spots where your kids can enjoy like castles, zoos, museums etc.
3. Munich guides are also perfect for travelers who run on a budget. Through these guides you will get a list of top tourist spots for free. Some of the free sightseeing places in Munich are English Garden, BMW Welt, Church of Our Lady, Christmas Market etc.
4. If you have visited the place before and looking for some offbeat activity this time then surely it will be of great help to you. Though the city is very small but an enjoyable bike tour or segway ride will make your visit special.
5. People who have planned a long holiday can try out a whole day trip available and explore the beauty of Bavarian Alps and forests.
Along with the name and the specialty of the tourists hotspots, you can also get other details like the time taken to roam around and explore a particular destination, if it has got some fee or its free for its visitors, what all can you do there etc. Once you have all the information, you can sort out the places you want to visit and then decide on your holiday duration.