Welcome to World Travel Net, the best online travel and tourism destination! get reviews, information, travel deals, hotels and accommodations, car rentals and much more, on all the best and most wanted vacation and travel hot spots around the world.
Latest Travel Reviews
Are you thinking of spending some great time with your kids? Vacation in Disney World can be quite fun with your children. When you sit and start planning your holiday you might find the expenses exceeding your budget. You might find the total expenses on accommodation, travel, and meals quite exorbitant. You can surely save some money by selecting cheap Disney world hotels.
Firstly decide on the area you would like to stay and then the price that you think will fit in your budget. Normally the hotels closer to Disney world charge high rates, so if the rate is crossing your budget you can look for accommodation a little far, but in central location so that it’s easily accessible.
The hotels close to Disney world are usually expensive but the guests enjoy certain amenities which makes family vacation fulfilled. Many budget package and discounts are offered by the hotels which will reduce your trip cost. Here are few tips to make your trip memorable and budget friendly.
1. There are a variety of activities that you can do starting from roller coaster to safari ride on your holiday to Disney land. Your family may not be interested in all the activities available. Take some time to sit and decide on the things that your family members and kids will enjoy, depending on the age and then select a package that suits your families taste. This will help you save money.
2. The rates of hotel are different throughout the year. During the peak season the rates are high when compared to non-peak season. Browse through the cyber world and check out the rates. If you are planning your trip during off season then surely you will find a cheap Disney world hotel with all the amenities. Flight charges are also low during the non-peak season. So, visit to the destination during off season will surely save you a lot of money.
3. The hotel rates are high during the weekends because most of the people try to utilize weekends to enjoy with family. You can check the rates on weekdays and plan your trip accordingly.
4. You can also make a search for some online deals offered by different hotels. You might come across many attractive deals but before you select one, read the offer documents and also check where the hotel is located. If the hotel is too far from the place then obviously you will be spending a lot of money on traveling.
5. Disney website is also one place where you can search and know the availability of room. You can filter your search for cheaper options and select one perfect for your family.
1. Firstly decide on how many rooms you need to book. Once you send wedding cards to your guests and relatives, they will reply you back with confirmation. This will help you calculate the number of guests who will be traveling just to attend the occasion. Then out of the list mark the people who will be coming from other town or city. These are the number of guests who will need room to stay. You can also make personal call to them and ask for confirmation.
2. You can book rooms, if available in the wedding site itself so that the guests do not have to travel up and down. If the wedding site does not have any room then make some research for wedding hotel resorts rooms nearby. Make sure that the resort is just at a distance of 10 miles. If it is far away then you will again have to book car or other mode of transport to carry guests to the wedding site.
3. Collect the rates of all the wedding hotel resort rooms and book in the one that is within your budget. Internet is the easy way of getting quotes from different wedding resorts.
4. Book rooms in block, depending on the number of guests attending the celebration. Most of the resorts provide discounted rates when rooms are booked in block.
5. Before booking check if block booking has any hidden charges. Mostly when the rooms are booked through internet, resorts charge a percentage as fees for using credit cards. They might also ask you to sign a contract, which means you need to pay for all the rooms that you have booked, even if unused. Some of them have pencil booking option. Here you can pencil book some rooms and pay advance and before a week or so you need to confirm the number of rooms that you need and leave the other which are not needed.
6. During the wedding season you will find most of the wedding resorts booked. Make sure to book wedding rooms at least six months in advance. You can also pay a percentage of money so that your booking is confirmed.
7. If you are paying the room rent then its fine but if you want your guests to pay then make sure to inform them well ahead of time.
Tuscany is the largest region in Italy and it covers nearly 9,000 square miles. The capital city of Florence and the surrounding countryside attracts 10 million visitors every year. If you are considering visiting Tuscany, here are a few interesting facts that you should know before your trip:
1. Tuscany Was Where the Italian Language Was Born
The official Italian language spoken today is based on the Tuscan dialect that dates back to the Renaissance period.
2. Pinocchio is From Tuscany
The original story about the little marionette who just wanted to be a “real boy” was written by Carlo Collodi, who was born in Florence in 1826. The story was later made into the famous Disney animated film in 1940. Did you know that Pinocchio means “Pine Eyes” in Italian?
3. Tuscany Has More UNESCO World Heritage Sites Than South Africa, Argentina or Australia.
There is plenty of culture here, from the historic centre of Florence to the Piazza del Duomo in Pisa. Even the rolling landscapes of the Val d’Orcia are considered a UNESCO Heritage Site, as they inspired many of the Renaissance painters.
4. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is Not the Only Leaning Tower
The Leaning Tower of Pisa leans because it was built on unstable marshland and it weighs almost 15,000 tonnes. However, there are other towers than lean in the area, including the bell towers at the church of St. Nicola and the church of St. Michele deiScalzi.
5. There is No Drinking Age in Italy
There is no legal drinking age in Italy and a young person of any age can legally consume alcohol. However, a person must be at least 16 years old to be served alcohol in a bar or a restaurant.
6. Tuscany is Known as a “Nation Within a Nation”
This is because of its unique linguistic and cultural identity – which is distinct from other regions in the rest of Italy.
7. Tuscany is Home to Some of the Most Precious Artwork in the World
Botticelli’s famous painting “The Birth of Venus” is housed in the Uffizi Gallery and Michelangelo’s David can be found in Florence. Also, you can find many amazing frescos, sculptures, paintings and much more in the churches and cathedrals around the region.
8. This Region Was The Birthplace of the Western Musical Tradition
In Florence in the mid-16th century, the Florentine Camerata (a group of poets, musicians and intellectuals) got together and started experimenting with putting ancient Greek myths to music on the stage. This was the origin of the very first operas, which lead to early classical forms such as the symphony.
9. Many British Tourists Come to the Chianti Wine Region that It Has the Nickname “Chiantishire”
Chianti is a well-known wine internationally and the region in Tuscany where it is produced is very popular with British tourists.
10. Many Celebrities Choose to Holiday or Live in Tuscany
Some of the famous people who own property in Tuscany include musician Sting, fashion designer Giorgio Armani, opera star Andrea Bocelli, actor Richard Gere and actor Antonio Banderas. These are just a few interesting facts about this beautiful region of Italy, so that you can be well informed when you are visiting Tuscany.
Europe is a very popular tourist destination and many people dream of traveling there at least once in their life. It’s a fascinating place, because it allows you to experience so many different cultures and landscapes in one trip!
However, with so many diverse places in Europe to visit on your trip–how can you choose where you should go? Of course, there are too many amazing places in Europe to list in one article, but here are five of the coolest places in Europe to consider when you are planning your trip:
The Italian Riviera, Italy
You will be blown away by the beauty of this part of the world, with blue water and quaint villages with brightly colored houses and excellent Italian restaurants serving fresh and authentic food. There are meandering walking routes that connect the villages together, weaving along the coastline and offering scenic hikes through the nearby hills.
This stunning walled city is nicknamed the “Pearl of the Adriatic” and the city itself is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the most beautiful towns on the Mediterranean, with gorgeous churches, monasteries and fountains – all surrounded with blue water and bathed in sunshine. While you are there, you can walk along the tops of the city walls and admire the beautiful view.
Of course, no trip to Europe is complete without spending some time in Paris. This legendary city packs a lot of history and impressive architecture and if you are an art lover – it’s absolute heaven. Paris boasts some of the best art galleries in the world, including the Musee d’Orsay, the Lourve and the Centre Pompidou.
Prague, Czech Republic
The historic gothic architecture of Prague will make you feel like you are walking through a fairytale – make sure that your camera is fully charged while walking through this beautiful European city! Prague is relatively affordable and you can enjoy cheap beers while listening to live music in one of the local pubs and cafes. Prague is a very vibrant city and there is always plenty of special events, festivals, theatrical productions, music and much more to enjoy.
The Black Forest, Germany
In the southwest corner of Germany you will find a wooded mountain range known as the Black Forest. This region has been part of legend and myth for many hundreds of years and it is known for its watchmaking, skiing and cuckoo clocks. It is a wonderful place to go hiking or mountain biking in the lovely black fir trees and tranquil lakes. The city Freiburg im Breisgau is a good place to base yourself during your travels in this region. It is known as the “Jewel of the Black Forest” and it is a laid back, attractive University city surrounded by vineyards and hiking trails.
These are just a few of the coolest places that you can visit in Europe during your travels. Do any of these destinations appeal to you for your next adventure?